Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I paint surf boards brah!

Caleb from Cro Customs approached me a couple of months ago, to paint this surf board he had custom made for his wife.
I said yeah of coarse I would! I have always wanted to try my hand at painting a surf board. The only thing was, I had to use water base paints. I was told by the guy who made the board and a couple of friends, that you had to use water base paints because it works best with the resin coating that they put over it. I have'nt really had much luck with using water base paint in the past. So I gave it a shot. I used a lot of acrylics for the most part and I have to say it came out great! Other than the fact that the water base airbrush paint dries so damn slow compared to automotive solvent base, I had a really good time painting this.