Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sign Painters Keepin It Real

Every couple of months or so, these guys come out and paint new advertisements for mostly for beer and liquor companies, like Heineken, Sailor Jerry, etc. Its all done by hand, with enamel sign paint. This building that they paint on is right on the corner, adjacent from house. I can see them from my balcony and will walk over and watch them work and talk to them for a little bit. They work for a company called Colossal Media Group. They work pretty fast and usually hammer out something like this with lots of detail in 3 days or less. I think its awesome that companies are willing to pay to have artists like them paint there advertisements. Pretty cool to see them keeping the tradition of hand paint signs alive.... I think this is a job that I wouldn't mind doing for a little while.





3 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Viva il artisano's . . . quality is so overlooked these days, admire your work very much.

David Bond said...

Good to see, get some of those lined up, I'll come down and give you a hand. Great to finally meet you this weekend...

Sonny Boy Paint said...

David, that would be awesome! I would love to do something like this, something on a bigger scale. Looks like fun... Nice meeting you too! Keep in touch.